CHICAGO _ The 2014 Great Midwest Book Festival has issue a call for entries for its competition honoring the best books of the winter.
The Great Midwest Book Festival will consider published and unpublished works in fiction, non-fiction, biography/autobiography, how-to, compilations/anthologies, photography/art, children’s, cookbooks, poetry, spiritual, young adult, business/technology, unpublished manuscripts, wild card (anything goes!), nature/animals and regional lit. There is no date of publication restriction, but all entries must be in English or Spanish.
Our grand prize for the 2014 Great Midwest Book Festival winner is $1500 appearance fee and a flight to our awards ceremony on early Nov. at the Public Chicago Hotel.
Submitted works will be judged by a panel using the following criteria:
- General excellence and the author’s passion for telling a good story.
- The potential of the work to reach a wider audience.
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The Great Midwest Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
- Author of the Year- Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
- Book Design of the Year – Honors outstanding and innovative design.
- Publisher of the Year- Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.